Joanne’s written with news about exciting work developments since she featured in our Connecting Cultures journal. Fantastic that Joanne is now able to share her teaching skills here in New Zealand!
Kia ora English Language Partners,
My new life in New Zealand has been expanding nicely ever since I got my first job by doing cold calling – which I learned from English Language Partners (ELP), helped by my wonderful teacher Valerie Danes and ELP’s very thoughtful manager Angela Botha.
In Yantai, China, I worked as an intermediate school English teacher. Recently, I have been working part-time as a Chinese Mandarin teacher at Taradale High School in the Hawkes Bay. I now have a one-year contract signed with the school. I have also been organising to get my New Zealand Teachers’ Registration processed, and I’m hoping to be a full-time registered teacher at some stage.
My life would be another picture if I did not get to know ELP in 2017. Lots of gratitude to English Language Partners always. It is absolutely a great organisation. I am writing just to share my happiness and show how much I appreciate ELP’s great help.
All the best wishes,
Read Joanne’s story in Connecting Cultures: https://www.englishlanguage.org.nz/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Connecting-Cultures-30-Web.pdf
Joanne developed her skills on our Work Talk course!
- 48-hour intensive course (flexible hours)
- Learn how to approach employers
- Learn to tailor your CV for specific job applications
- Prepare and practise for job interviews
- Develop your professional networking skills
- English level – Intermediate and above (confident users of English)
- Qualified teachers
- Small classes
- Fees may apply. Ask at your centre.
- In all centres (except Taupo, Marlborough, Auckland West, Porirua and Southland.)
For more about Work Talk, talk to your closest centre