Calling English Language Teachers – Private Tutoring & Part Time Group Classes – New Plymouth
Do you want a career that can work around your lifestyle and existing commitments? Our Taranaki Centre is looking for ESOL teachers for both private 1:1 lessons and part-time group classes. You’ll be an experienced ESOL Teacher who has lived or taught in New Zealand for at least a few years you are well versed in NZ cultural practices but still have empathy for the challenges of adapting to a new country. You are creative, practical, and adaptable in your teaching style and take pride in delivering a truly learner-centred curriculum.
- A 2.5 – 4 hours hour specialist workplace English group class, Saturdays from May 2021
- Hourly rate, $46.09 per hour, central New Plymouth location.
Private Tutoring: As part of our “English for Migrants” Programme we teach English to adults who have pre-purchased ESOL lessons through the New Zealand Immigration Service when they applied for residency. Lessons are mostly one-to-one but can also be with a couple. The lessons usually cover functional and conversational English so that the learner can settle successfully in New Zealand.
- Lessons are usually held in the learner’s home which will be in the New Plymouth region.
- The average EFM learner has 2 lessons a week during school hours, lasting 1.5 – 2 hours. The days, times and frequency of the lessons are negotiated between the tutor and learner.
- Depending on your availability, you can work with multiple learners and contracts can range for 20 – 90 hours.
- Your engaged as a self – employed contractor, $50 per hour, but don’t worry our lovely coordinators can talk you through getting set up if you have not done this before!
Is this you?
- 3+ years experience in ESOL teaching (preferably in a New Zealand context) at varied levels, particularly to beginner learners.
- tertiary qualified in TESOL at level 5 or above (e.g. graduate certificate, Bachelor’s degree, post-grad diploma such as CELTA, Cert TESOL, Cert TEAL, Dip SLT).
- Holding a clean police record
- A full clean driver’s licence is desirable, for travel to learners homes.
- Applicants for this position should be currently based in New Plymouth and have the right to work in New Zealand- NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Select the Apply Now button below to fill out the application form and upload your CV and cover letter.
For further information about the position you can Yuka Kobayashi on 06 759 1118.
Lessons start as soon as you have been Police checked, so get you applications in as soon as possible to be considered.
Applicants for this position should have the right to work in New Zealand- NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Teacher – Expressions of interest
We are always on the lookout for passionate and talented teachers who care deeply about our mission and are keen to make an impact in the world. We have both one-on-one and group teaching contracts available. If you are interested in working with us, we’d love to hear from you. Click the “Register your Interest” button below to send an application form and CV to your chosen centre.