English Language Partners New Zealand (ELPNZ) has an exciting opportunity for someone interested in providing strategic oversight to a significant national charitable organisation.
ELPNZ is seeking Trustees to join its board of highly committed and highly motivated trustees who are responsible for governing and protecting the long-term interests of ELPNZ throughout New Zealand.
For 40 years, ELPNZ has provided English language tuition and social support to adult refugees and migrants making their home in New Zealand. In 2019, we worked with 7,100 learners through the efforts of 350 paid staff and 1,500 trained volunteers.
The role of Trustee is a voluntary position. Appointment is for a term of three years.
Ideal candidates for the role will:
- Be committed to the vision and purpose of ELPNZ;
- Have prior board experience; and
- Be able to demonstrate strategic leadership skills.
In addition to the above ELPNZ is particularly interested in people who may be able to bring specific knowledge, background or competency around one or more of the following:
- Community sector background
- From a refugee or migrant background
- Auckland based
- Media/communications (commercial sector)
- Business or private sector employer in area of high refugee or migrant workforce.
Please apply in writing with a cover letter and full CV to Wendy Daubs at ELPtrustee@englishlanguage.org.nz
Applications close Sunday 19 April 2020, 5pm.
Part-time & Relief Teaching Opportunities for Qualified ESOL teachers – Whangarei & Kerikeri
English Language Partners is a not-for-profit, award-winning education provider with NZQA category 1 endorsement, that has been providing English language and social support to adult refugees and migrants throughout New Zealand for over 40 years.
We are passionate about supporting former refugees and migrants participate successfully in all aspects of life in Aotearoa New Zealand and are looking for your help to achieve this.
Who you are
You are a socially conscious person who believes in working to make a difference, not just a dollar. As an experienced teacher you know that a flexible, learner centred approach achieves the best results and while you are guided by a curriculum, you are also creative, practical, and adaptable in your teaching style and approach. You enjoy working alongside nice, smart people and want a career that can work around your lifestyle and existing commitments.
What you’ll be doing
- Supporting refugee and migrant learners who are keen to improve their spoken and written language skills.
- Part Time Hours
- 1x 2 hour general English class, Tuesday mornings, Kerikeri commencing early-May.
- 1x 2.5 hour work focused English class, Wednesday evenings, Kerikeri commencing end of April
- 2x 2 hour general English classes, Monday and Wednesday mornings, Whangarei commencing mid-May
- Relief teaching – usually 2 – 4 hour classes. We have classes that run during business hours and after hours so there is something to suit all schedules – available immediately.
- Our Whangarei Centre is centrally located on Rathbone Street, the Kerikeri class operates from the Library.
Is this you?
- tertiary qualified in TESOL at level 5 or above (e.g. graduate certificate, Bachelor’s degree, post-grad diploma such as CELTA, Cert TESOL, Cert TEAL, Dip SLT).
- experienced in ESOL teaching (preferably in a New Zealand context) at varied levels, particularly to beginner learners.
- a motivated self-starter with strong cultural sensitivity, empathy and the ability to work at short notice.
What we offer
ELPNZ is a fantastic, family friendly organisation that is committed to supporting refugees and migrants learn English. This is an opportunity to work with a passionate and talented group of educators committed to helping newly arrived refugees and migrants to reach their full potential, all the while building your capability in the sector.
Select the Apply Now button below to fill out the application form and upload your CV and cover letter.
For further information about the position you can contact Michele Topping, Centre Manager of our Northland Centre on 09 4382512
Applicants for this position should have the right to work in New Zealand- NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Teacher – Expressions of interest
We are always on the lookout for passionate and talented teachers who care deeply about our mission and are keen to make an impact in the world. We have both one-on-one and group teaching contracts available. If you are interested in working with us, we’d love to hear from you. Click the “Register your Interest” button below to send an application form and CV to your chosen centre.