Part-Time Programme Coordinator – 15 month contract – Invercargill
English Language Partners is a not-for-profit, award-winning education provider with NZQA category 1 endorsement, that has been providing English language and social support to adult refugees and migrants for over 40 years. We run a variety of community based English language programmes that involve both paid staff and volunteers.
Our Invercargill Centre requires a skilled Programme Coordinator to support and maintain the ongoing operation of the centre, performing a variety of coordination, administration and networking tasks.
Working alongside the Centre Manager you will assist them to support our volunteers, manage our staff and programmes, coordinate classes, communicate with learners and teachers and network with ethnic communities and other community stakeholders. Boredom will not be an issue!
What’s the job?
- 15 hours per week, days and times negotiable. This role is for a fixed term period until December 2019 and available for an immediate start.
What we need from you?
- A tertiary degree in a relevant discipline such as TESOL, TEFL, teaching, adult education, and experience in ESOL teaching
- A background in volunteer management, community development or a certificate in ESOL Home Tutoring is desirable but not essential
- Proven administration/coordination experience, with a love of organising and helping others organise systems
- Excellent IT skills across with Microsoft Office Suite (Office 365, Word, Excel, Outlook) and the ability to pick up new systems quickly
- A clear and friendly communication style (spoken and written) with a strong customer service ethos.
- A motivated self-starter with strong cultural sensitivity, empathy and the ability to work as part of a tight-knit team.
What we offer
This is a fantastic, family friendly role in an organisation that is committed to helping new New Zealanders to reach their full potential at work and in the community and participate in all aspects of life in New Zealand.
To find out more about this great role you can view a job description on our website at www.englishlanguage.org.nz/vacancies or call Nalini Varghese on 03 218 2736.
To apply, please email your CV and a cover letter to: email@example.com with Part-Time Coordinator Vacancy in the subject line. We are not able to consider applications unless they have both a covering letter AND a CV. Applicants for this position must have the right to work in New Zealand- NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
This position is available now so please send your application through straight away.