Part-Time ESOL Teacher Needed –Timaru
Do you want a career that can work around your lifestyle and existing commitments? English Language Partners Aoraki is looking for an experienced ESOL teacher for part-time group classes in Timaru.
You are an experienced ESOL Teacher who has lived or taught in New Zealand for at least a few years or perhaps you are a seasoned literacy teacher whose worked with adult learners, either way you are well versed in NZ cultural practices but still have empathy for the challenges of adapting to a new country. You are creative, practical, and adaptable in your teaching style and take pride in delivering a truly learner-centred curriculum.
- A 10 hour per week specialist literacy English group class to our Arabic learners, Monday to Thursday mornings, from July to December 2021
- 2 x 2 hour evening group classes per week, focused on Workplace & General English skills.
- Hourly rate, $38 – $46 per hour, central Timaru location.
Is this you?
- tertiary qualified in TESOL at level 5 or above (e.g. graduate certificate, Bachelor’s degree, post-grad diploma such as CELTA, Cert TESOL, Cert TEAL, Dip SLT).
- a New Zealand teaching qualification (ideally primary) or NCALNE (Voc) is desirable but not essential.
- experience teaching ESOL (preferably in a New Zealand context) at varied levels, particularly to beginner learners.
- experience delivering online teaching and/or a good understanding of technology for teaching is desirable.
- a learner centred approach with the ability to be guided by a curriculum, while being creative, practical, and adaptable in your teaching style.
- a motivated self-starter with strong cultural sensitivity, empathy and the ability to work as part of a tight-knit team.
Who we are and what we offer?
English Language Partners is a not-for-profit, award-winning education provider with NZQA category 1 endorsement, that has been providing English language and social support to adult migrants and former refugees throughout New Zealand for over 40 years.
We are a fantastic, family friendly workplace with a culture of continuous improvement. It is a place where your own potential will be nurtured as you work alongside a passionate and talented group of educators committed to supporting former refugees and migrants to participate successfully in all aspects of life in Aotearoa New Zealand.
Select the Apply Now button below to fill out the application form and upload your CV and cover letter.
We are looking for someone who can start immediately, so first come first served! Don’t delay, apply now or call Sheryl Jackson on (03) 377-3147 for a confidential chat.
Applicants for this position should have the right to work in New Zealand- NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Teacher – Expressions of interest
We are always on the lookout for passionate and talented teachers who care deeply about our mission and are keen to make an impact in the world. We have both one-on-one and group teaching contracts available. If you are interested in working with us, we’d love to hear from you. Click the “Register your Interest” button below to send an application form and CV to your chosen centre.