Rural Project Coordinator – Waikato
English Language Partners is a not-for-profit, award-winning education provider with NZQA category 1 endorsement, that has been providing English language programmes and settlement services to adult refugees and migrants throughout New Zealand for over 40 years.
We are passionate about supporting former refugees and migrants participate successfully in all aspects of life in Aotearoa New Zealand and are looking for your help to achieve this.
Who you are
As an experienced education administrator you know how to organise yourself and other people. You are patient and skilled at getting people on board with whatever needs to be done. Your background in ESOL also gives you the skills to understand and support quality teaching provision with our teachers. You thrive in a busy environment, working both as part of a small, collaborative team or independently as required.
You are a socially conscious person who believes in working to make a difference, not just a dollar. Naturally organised, coordination comes easily to you and you enjoy the challenge of working out logistics to get all the pieces of the puzzle to fit. You are a “people person” who enjoys interacting with a wide range of people from diverse backgrounds and want a career that can work around your lifestyle and existing commitments.
What you’ll be doing
- Coordination of a range of English Language Programmes for the wider rural Waikato region, essentially managing the administration and logistics for a range of literacy and conversational English programmes and ensuring that our volunteers, teachers and learners have what they need to operate effectively.
- Supporting and developing our teachers and volunteer tutors; providing teaching supervision and quality management, conducting teacher observations and delivering some internal systems training. Some of this support will be at a distance and some will be face-to-face so you will need to be comfortable with both online and in-person delivery.
- As this role supports regional Waikato you must be prepared to travel where necessary and will also have the flexibility to work some evening and weekend work.
- Fixed -term until Dec 2020, 15-18 hours per week, days negotiable. Office location is flexible but needs to be commutable distance to Hamilton. Rate: $29.41 per hour
Is this you?
- Tertiary degree in a relevant discipline such as TESOL, TEFL, teaching, adult education, and experience in ESOL teaching is essential
- Proven administration/coordination experience, with strong time management and organisational skills.
- A positive attitude and a clear and friendly communication style (spoken and written) with a strong customer service ethos.
- Excellent IT skills across with Zoom and Microsoft Office Suite (Office 365, Word, Excel, Outlook) and the ability to pick up new systems quickly. Experience supporting/delivering online teaching and/or a good understanding of technology for teaching is desirable.
- A current clean full driver’s licence and able to use own vehicle for regular work-related meetings.
What we offer
ELPNZ is a friendly and inclusive workplace with a culture of continuous improvement. It is a place where your own potential will be nurtured as you work alongside a passionate and talented group of educators committed to helping refugees and migrants learn English and effectively settle in New Zealand.
Select the Apply Now button below to fill out the application form and upload your CV and cover letter.
For further information about the position you can contact Jo de Lisle on 07 853 2188.
Applications close Wednesday 19 August 2020. We are likely to conduct interviews with successful candidates on the week starting 24 August 2020.
Applicants for this position should have the right to work in New Zealand- NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Teacher – Expressions of interest
We are always on the lookout for passionate and talented teachers who care deeply about our mission and are keen to make an impact in the world. We have both one-on-one and group teaching contracts available. If you are interested in working with us, we’d love to hear from you. Click the “Register your Interest” button below to send an application form and CV to your chosen centre.