Operations Support – Whangarei
English Language Partners is a not-for-profit, award-winning education provider with NZQA category 1 endorsement, that has been providing English language programmes and settlement services to adult refugees and migrants throughout New Zealand for over 40 years.
We are passionate about supporting former refugees and migrants participate successfully in all aspects of life in Aotearoa New Zealand and are looking for your help to achieve this.
Who you are
You are a socially conscious person who believes in working to make a difference, not just a dollar. Naturally organised, coordination comes easily to you and you enjoy the challenge of working out logistics to get all the pieces of the puzzle to fit and getting everything running like clockwork.
As an experienced administrator you know how to organise yourself and other people. You are ‘a doer’ and you get a kick out of making things run better, smoother, faster. You enjoy working alongside people from diverse backgrounds and want a career that can work around your lifestyle and existing commitments.
What you’ll be doing
- Supporting our Centre Manager, students, teachers and volunteers with all the tasks required to keep a small but busy language centre operating smoothly: reception, administration, finance, programme coordination, teacher and student support and database management and reporting.
- Permanent part-time, 10 hours per week, days negotiable. Central Whangarei location.
- Rate: $23.58 per hour
Is this you?
- Proven administration experience with a love of working with data and spreadsheets
- Excellent IT skills across with Microsoft Office Suite (Office 365, Word, Excel, Outlook) and the ability to pick up new systems quickly. Proven experience working with customer management/ education databases an advantage.
- A clear and friendly communication style, fluency in English (spoken and written) with a strong customer service ethos.
- Experience working in the education sector or with migrants highly desirable but not essential.
- A can do attitude – takes initiative and does what needs doing
- An eye for detail and high level of accuracy
- A motivated self-starter with strong cultural sensitivity, empathy and the ability to work as part of a tight-knit team.
What we offer
ELPNZ is a friendly and inclusive workplace with a culture of continuous improvement. It is a place where your own potential will be nurtured as you work alongside a passionate and talented group of educators committed to helping refugees and migrants learn English and effectively settle in New Zealand.
Select the Apply Now button below to fill out the application form and upload your CV and Cover Letter.
For further information about the position you can contact Michele Topping on 09 4382512.
Applications close Tuesday 19 November 2019. We are likely to conduct interviews with successful candidates on 26/27 November 2019 for a mid-late January 2020 start.
Applicants for this position should have the right to work in New Zealand- NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Teacher – Expressions of interest
We are always on the lookout for passionate and talented teachers who care deeply about our mission and are keen to make an impact in the world. We have both one-on-one and group teaching contracts available. If you are interested in working with us, we’d love to hear from you. Click the “Register your Interest” button below to send an application form and CV to your chosen centre.