Part Time & Relief Teaching Opportunities for Qualified ESOL Teachers –Whanganui
English Language Partners is a not-for-profit, award-winning education provider with NZQA category 1 endorsement, that has been providing English language and social support to adult refugees and migrants throughout New Zealand for over 40 years.
We are passionate about supporting former refugees and migrants participate successfully in all aspects of life in Aotearoa New Zealand and are looking for your help to achieve this.
Who you are
You are a socially conscious person who believes in working to make a difference, not just a dollar. As an experience teacher you know that a flexible, learner centred approach achieves the best results and while you are guided by a curriculum, you are also creative, practical, and adaptable in your teaching style and approach. You enjoy working alongside nice, smart people and want a career that can work around your lifestyle and existing commitments.
What you’ll be doing
- Supporting refugee and migrant learners who are keen to improve their spoken and written language skills.
- Part Time Hours – 2 hour classes, Tuesday & Wednesday morning, commencing 22nd July. Anticipating more growth in 2020 with new refugee classes coming on board.
- Relief teaching – usually 2 – 4 hour classes. We have classes that run during business hours and after hours so there is something to suit all schedules – available immediately.
- Our Whanganui Centre is centrally located on Ingestre Street.
Is this you?
- tertiary qualified in TESOL at level 5 or above (e.g. graduate certificate, Bachelor’s degree, post-grad diploma such as CELTA, Cert TESOL, Cert TEAL, Dip SLT).
- experienced in ESOL teaching (preferably in a New Zealand context) at varied levels, particularly to beginner learners.
- a motivated self-starter with strong cultural sensitivity, empathy and the ability to work at short notice.
What we offer
ELPNZ is a fantastic, family friendly workplace with a culture of continuous improvement. It is a place where your own potential will be nurtured as you work alongside a passionate and talented group of educators committed to helping refugees and migrants learn English and effectively settle in New Zealand.
Select the Apply Now button below to fill out the application form and upload your CV and Cover Letter.
For further information about the position you can call Jane Blinkhorne, Centre Manager of our Whanganui Centre on 06 345 1778
Applicants for this position should have the right to work in New Zealand- NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Teacher – Expressions of interest
We are always on the lookout for passionate and talented teachers who care deeply about our mission and are keen to make an impact in the world. We have both one-on-one and group teaching contracts available. If you are interested in working with us, we’d love to hear from you. Click the “Register your Interest” button below to send an application form and CV to your chosen centre.