Playgroup Assistant – Part-time – Hamilton
English Language Partners is a not-for-profit, award-winning education provider with NZQA category 1 endorsement, that has been providing English language and social support to adult migrants and former refugees throughout New Zealand for over 40 years.
We are passionate about supporting former refugees and migrants to participate successfully in all aspects of life in Aotearoa New Zealand and are looking for your help to achieve this.
Our Waikato Centre needs a new Playgroup Assistant, someone to play with children that learners bring to class, engaging them in activities to keep them occupied and safe while parents learn. You are paid to play, as parents are present with the children at all times and are responsible for all personal care needs. If there are no children present, you will be required to help learners in the class as directed by the class teacher.
This role is a lot of fun and will suit an energetic team player with imagination, patience, a great sense of humour, cultural sensitivity, and the ability to build rapport with young children
What’s the job?
- 10 hours per week, Monday to Thursday, morning classes. This role is for a fixed term period until December 2020, and available from 10 February.
- $18.90 per hour, Nawton location.
What do we need from you?
- General experience working with children; babysitting, nannying, crèche or childcare assistance.
- First aid training desirable but not essential as we will train you.
- Be prepared to be police checked
- Knowledge about refugee resettlement and refugee issues and respect for different ethnic communities
Select the Apply Now button below to fill out the application form and upload your CV and cover letter.
For further information about the position you can call Jo de Lisle on 07 853 2188.
Applications close Monday 03 February 2020.
Applicants for this position should have the right to work in New Zealand- NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Teacher – Expressions of interest
We are always on the lookout for passionate and talented teachers who care deeply about our mission and are keen to make an impact in the world. We have both one-on-one and group teaching contracts available. If you are interested in working with us, we’d love to hear from you. Click the “Register your Interest” button below to send an application form and CV to your chosen centre.